Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Cronshaw

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 18 Oct 2006 18:42

CHRISTOPHER CRONSHAW. I have hit a brick wall with regard to Christopher Cronshaw, my great great grandad. According to the 1841 Census, he was born in Preston circa 1786. He married Sarah whose surname I do not have [born in Skipton around 1788] and they had 4 children: William, Alice Sarah, Joseph and Christopher J. By the time of the 1851 Census, Sarah is registered as a widow. I have been unable, despite extensive research, to find details of the birth of Christopher Cronshaw nor of his marriage to Sarah. I have found a death record which I think is probably his, showing he died in the Jan-Mar quarter of 1843 in Preston. Alice Sarah, their daughter, married a John Hughes [born 1828 in Wrexham] on 5 August 1852 at Liverpool Register Office. Any info would be much appreciated.

CassieB

CassieB Report 7 Jul 2013 12:48

I know it's quite some time ago but just seen your posting. Don't know if it's of any relevance but my uncle John Lewis Unwin married an Alwyn Cronshaw. From the 1911 census - she was the daughter of William Henry Cronshawand b abt 1868 in Liverpool whose wife was Mary Ellen b abt 1873 in Crewe. Alwyn was b abt 1905, Edith Gertrude abt 1894, Dorothy Elizabeth abt 1896, Florence Mary abt 1900, William Joseph abt 1902, Muriel abt 1907, Arthur abt 1909.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 7 Jul 2013 12:52

Try and contact Jean by clicking on her board name to send a message

If she still has the same email addy then she will get notification of a message thru GR

CassieB

CassieB Report 8 Jul 2013 14:23

Thanks for that bit of advice - still learning!