Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Crane

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 26 Dec 2002 19:16

Seeking info on the Crane Family late of Bedford UK. Reg Crane (my father) born 1907 and certainly grew up around the Elstow Road area with several brothers (Tom Aubery Leslie Stan) all involved with the 'Town Bands' for many years. Reg was also a local Cobbler with a shoe repairing shop on the Elstow Road-Bedford for several years. He died in 1973 as did my mother (Ivy) Reg was extremely well known and respected in the town due to his committment to his band work, he started the town's junior band during the 1960's and taught hundreds of bandsmen to play the cornet as well as starting many others off on other instruments. I have a brother (Ronnie) who is in his 70s'although he is severely mentally handicapped and we had a sister (Jean) who unfortunately died in the mid 1980s'