Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sandra Aldred

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 20 Mar 2007 20:48

sandra margaret cornish

Janine

Janine Report 20 Nov 2008 20:37

Hi Sandra,
This message has nothing to do with your posting, I am just interested in your surname....My 4 x G Grandfather (?) Joshua Cornish, married a Sarah Aldred in 1780 (?) in Bungay (?) Suffolk, and I am trying to find any info I can on this couple.....I do not know if related to you, but hope you may be able to help me....I am in Australia, so sometimes searching is difficult..... Cheers, Janine Giles (Cornish).

Janine

Janine Report 20 Nov 2008 20:38

Have sent message re: Aldred name.........

Janine

Janine Report 11 Oct 2013 02:43

Hi Sandra,
I am still searching for the Sarah Aldred and Joshua Cornish Information in Suffolk. I do not remember getting a reply from you back in 2008, so I thought I'd try again to see if you were still able to up-date me..
I have found a number of relatives since the last post, but we are all stuck on the same level...No-one can find births or marriage details for this couple, although we do have death details...In Bungay Suffolk.
Sorry to ask again for your help...
Cheers for now,
Janine Giles (Cornish)

Susan

Susan Report 11 Oct 2013 05:19

Hi Janine

This is a very old Thread and Sandra only posted the one .

If she is still a member it would be best to send her a personal message ,just click on her name it will take you to the message center.

Suex

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Oct 2013 08:49

The person whose name is in the original post was born in Lancashire in 1952, and I have no doubt that the poster is not researching FH........merely looking for a specific blood relation

If you want research help, your best bet is to post a request of your own...................

Have you contacted the Suffolk FHS?

Ru

Ru Report 11 Oct 2013 09:06

Suffolk Baptism Index (part 1)
First Name JOSHUA
Last Name CORNISH
Collections from Great Britain
Country England
Category Births, Marriages & Deaths
Record collection Births & baptisms
Record set Suffolk Baptism Index (part 1)
County Suffolk
Year 1780
Parents Joshua & Sarah
Month Oct
Birth Year 1780
Place BUNGAY
Notes
Year 1780
Description
Relationship son of
Day 23

Transcriptions © Suffolk Family History Society

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Oct 2013 09:10

That would be the child whose birth makes Janine think the parents married in the area...................

The father - if I've got the right death record - the one to which Janine refers - was born c1755, place unknown

Ru

Ru Report 11 Oct 2013 09:10

Hi Janine,

I am sorry I cannot find anything either only the above birth for the son - also called Joshua.

This was on Suffolk family History Society and maybe you could make contact with them. Being in Australia you will not be able to go to the parish church records to search for information, but they may help you.

I am in NZ otherwise I would do it for you.

Good luck.

Sappho

Ru

Ru Report 11 Oct 2013 09:11

Sorry Reggie - cross correspondence. Well done on that I could not find the birth date or anything further.

This could be a hard task eh!

Sappho

Ru

Ru Report 11 Oct 2013 09:24

Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37)
First Name JOSHUA
Last Name CORNISH
Collections from Great Britain
Country England
Category Births, Marriages & Deaths
Record collection Marriages & divorces
Record set Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37)
County Suffolk
Year 1833
Month Apr
Bride First Mary Ann
Bride Last Name Garrod
Groom First Name Joshua
Groom Last Name Cornish
Birth Year
Place WESTHALL
Year 1833
Bride Parish
Groom Parish