Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Clowes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 4 Mar 2003 19:09

My mother's maiden name is Carol Clowes (b. 1947) - she is the youngest of 5 girls (others are (in ascending age) Sylvia (now Kamal), Marlene (now Rodgers) Pat (now Rigby)and Jean who sadly died when she was two. My maternal Grandparents are Percival Clowes (b. 1914) and Mabel Clowes(nee Peever - b. 1917)They lived in Brymbo, Wrexham, N Wales and Percival was a miner and then a foreman with the County Council. His parents were Charles Clowes and Margaret Pritchard - not sure what Charles did, but Margaret ran a pub in Coed Poeth nr Wrexham after he died. She was murdered in the pub, and her murderer tried to drown himself, but was rescued and sent to jail. Mabel's parents were George Peever and Nellie Gwendelyn Ellis - George was a Railway Signalman, and also lead violinist in an orchestra. I would love to hear from anyone who is linked to this side of my family tree!