Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

does any ones have clifford in there family tree's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

eva

eva Report 2 Nov 2007 11:53

does any one have surnames of clifford in there family tree lam looking for
vera clifford
doris clifford
rasalind doris clifford
l think they were born beween 1906-1908? but not sure
l kown that rosalind clifford married lenord andrews not sure when they got mariied migth been 1920ish?fron dorset areas and lise of wrigth they had five childrens any help would be gratefull eva

handout

handout Report 13 Dec 2007 01:22

Hi eva, my step father is a clifford his father was norman clifford lived in plymouth,also in cardif for a while he married once or twice

jjbabs19

jjbabs19 Report 16 Dec 2007 19:52

Hi. Eva, I am a decendent Clifford. My gran mother was Emma Clifford 1869, daughter of Barnett Clifford 1839, son of Thomas Clifford Baptized 1799, son of William Clifford abt.1777, son of William Clifford 1746. The later generations have been in the Yorkshire area. I'm not familiar with the Christian names you gave. But could you have links with Yorkshire. Joan.

eva

eva Report 18 Dec 2007 23:04

hi tracy and joan lam reasearching into my nans side of the family but l donot know much info on clifford eva

Gwendolen

Gwendolen Report 26 Feb 2008 02:02

Hi there everyone,
There is a Clifford Association, which you can join, and they have a huge data base of Cliffords from all over the world, and the history of the Clifford s (,Lords and Castles etc)
at [email protected].
I also have a big data base of Cliffords who are descendants of William Clifford, b 1598 Stow on the wold, They are from all over the world also.Nearly 100 members have sent me their Clifford family trees, which I have collacted into one big tree, called The Stow Clifford Tree Group. (free to join if you can prove you are a descendant by birth or marriage of William Clifford.) I can send the Direct Clifford line back to William and the full Clifford tree back to your Clifford descendant.
contact [email protected]

Gwen Judge nee Courtnage

Gillian

Gillian Report 28 Jul 2008 10:56

Hi
I am a former Clifford
and there are 10 cliffords in my family my grandfathers name was james henry drake clifford and they were from lambeth london. i have just started doing my tree and have not alot of information yet. my father was the youngest of a large family i believe there was more than ten his mothers maiden name was Rhoades her name florence frances annie. he had sisters edna violet kitty and the brothers i know of were frank and arthur but there were more

eva

eva Report 30 Jul 2008 13:57

hi gillian l think most of clifford are form hampshire/ dorset areas eva

Stuart

Stuart Report 4 Aug 2008 09:36

Hi Eva,

I have Cliffords in my family that came from Ireland around 1837 - 1841 to England and settled in London (mainly in the Holborn area).

Regards
Stuart

East Point

East Point Report 20 Aug 2008 12:52

My grandmother's maiden name was Clifford. She came from Derby but married a Robert Wright and settled in Yorkshire.

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 1 Nov 2008 12:54

hello Eva i have Clifford in my fammily through marrage my clifford is Marther clifford born 1805 she
married Samuel charles born 1804 samuels farther was called John charles born 1776 and he married Marther forman she was born 1797 that would make them Marther cliffords farther in law and mother inlaw
i hope this has helped regards dorothy

Margaret

Margaret Report 29 Jan 2009 17:21

hi i have cliffords in my family hugh tilby clifford who married a louisa wicken and his father was lewis edmund clifford born 1847 in loose kent and my mums mum was a lillian frances clifford born 1900 in crydon and married a frederick henry george spooner

Ruth

Ruth Report 13 Mar 2009 15:09

Hi Eva,my great grandad was Thomas Clifford born 1888 in Lambeth London. He married Margaret Ann Griffiths. They had three children Patricia,Vera and Thomas. Grandad was in the navy for many years and eventually came to live here in Stirling scotland. he died in 1980. Ruth

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Jan 2016 21:02

I am the genealogist for the Clifford Association. We are a One Name Study of the Clifford surname. We hold a large database of the Clifford surnames and we have just set up a new website
www.thecliffordassociation.co.uk
which has a public area and an area for members only to which we are uploading all the trees that we have. Membership costs £10 a year but for that you get a newsletter and help with your research. We also hold a gathering each year where we can meet up at different locations with a significance for the Clifford name e.g. Skipton Castle, Ugbrooke Park, Chudleigh etc.
Jackie Tench :-)