Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Carter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Len

Len Report 26 Feb 2004 20:55

Seeking the descendants of JAMES CARTERb1828Ireland.d1897Salford, Lancs. and his children. Name originally CARTHY (changed between 1851& 1855) Married Margaret Perrin 21/4/1855 as James Carthy Elizabeth CARTER b1856. Amelia CARTER,b1863, m, Robert Sparrow 1880. James CARTER(son)b1865.Manchester. Mary CARTER b1868, Liverpool. Catherine CARTER b1873, Manchester. Matilda CARTER b1876. Hulme, Lancashire. John Edward CARTER, b1879, Salford.Lancashire.d 1934 served in WW1 regt not known. last known address Owen St Hulme Manchester m. Jessie Isabella Pollitt See also under CARTHY

Randle1

Randle1 Report 17 Jan 2014 15:39

Hi Len,
I recently rejoined GR after a long gap in membership. I have now found your
2005 Message RE: Carter Family of Manchester & Ireland. Via Ancestry.co.uk I am currently in contact with this Carter Family Members.
My own immediate contact is via my late Mothers Family name Christina Sparrow.
Via this connection I am directly linked to Robert Sparrow, Plus I also originate from Hulme/Chorlton -on- Medlock area of Manchester.
I would be most willing to supply further info and details, I do know of the Change of Name of Carthy to Carter

If you are still on GR perhaps you could contact me as I have lots of info and details
of the kind you are looking for

Best regards Ken Welsh

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Jan 2014 16:08

Try to contact Len by clicking on his name