Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Buttle

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 12 Dec 2004 20:54

I am trying to find relatives of John Buttle born Chatham Kent c1834 Moved to Saffron Walden married Emmeline date not known. Any help appreciated. David Reeve

Janet

Janet Report 27 Jun 2014 12:10

Hi
Emmeline Barker was my great grandmother. She was born 11.12.1837, baptised 14.1.1838, married John Buttle 8.10.1853 and died 1894. (All in Saffron Walden) All I can find out about John Buttle is that he was born on "The High Seas" It appears that his mother might have been Irish and he might have had a brother. John and Emmeline had 10 children and lived in Castle Street Saffron Walden, as did her parents before her. Their daughter, also Emmeline, married George Auger and then Thomas Upton and had children by both. My mother was the eldest daughter by Thomas Upton and was born in Castle Street and was I
Hope this might be of interest
Regards
John

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 27 Jun 2014 12:13

janet

David posted nearly ten years ago, and doesn' t seem to heave kept up his interest in this.

You could click on his name, and send a message, which will be notified by GR, assuming he still has the same e-mail as he did in 2004

Thelma

Thelma Report 27 Jun 2014 13:16

Hi John
You appear not to have John before 1861
!841
John Buttle
abt 1796 Essex, England Radwinter, Essex
Mary Buttle
abt 1796 Ireland Radwinter, Essex
Thos Buttle
abt 1827 Ireland Radwinter, Essex
John Buttle