Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mary Berenice & Clifford Arthur Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 22 Aug 2009 19:26

Can anyone help?
I have tracked my mother's maternal mum and have found out she was married to Clifford Arthur Smith in 1937. They were married in Aldershot and Clifford was based in Warburg Barracks in Aldershot. Cliffords dad was called Thomas Arthur Smith and Mary's Dad was called Henry George Brabazon. Has anyone got these names in their tree?

Jane

Junaid (Julian)

Junaid (Julian) Report 1 Sep 2014 10:18

Hi Jane

We have only recently found your message on the website hence the late reply.
You probably may have already found more information in this time.

My wife's grandfather was Alfred Horatio Brabazon.

He was born in Dublin in 1917 and his sister was Mary Bernicea Brabazon born 1916 in Dublin. Their parents were Henry George Brabazon and Margaret MJ Brabazon (born Gannon).

My wife's grandfather said his sister and family lived in Aldershot and made mention of a "Shirley Brabazon-Smith" which we believe is my wife's mothers cousin.

Alfred Horatio Brabazon later emigrated to South Africa probably in the 1940's until his death.

We have more information about Henry George Brabazon and his family including a few birth, marriage and death certificates and census records. We were provided a family tree which consists of 70 A4 pages and some of the dates go back to year 945. However we unfortunately cannot confirm it's authenticity. We do have records which confirms the family line to Hon John Brabazon born 1743 in Dublin.

If you require further information, please let us know.

Junaid Gurling on behalf of Nadeema Gurling

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 1 Sep 2014 11:20

Hi there - click on Jane's name to send her a message via GR - she's probably still a member

Ann x