Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Boardman

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 10 Sep 2005 12:14

Jess/Jesse/Jessie Boardman. Was an aunt of mine b. circa 1920, died 1984 and was married to my uncle William (Bill) Edmondson. A very elusive family or what??? I think she came from the south of england, because of her accent, apart from that I know nothing about her or her family, which is very sad (and very remiss of me) really because she treated me like a son. Any information would be gratefully received.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Heather

Heather Report 21 Sep 2007 08:59

Just seen your message on this site. I am looking for info. on an aunt called Jessie Boardman too, although Boardman was her married name and she was born in 1910 in St. Helens, Lancashire. Do you know if your Jessie's marriage to William Edmondson was her second one? Did she have a daughter named Edna, born in 1935? She was married to my uncle and lived in Salford up to around 1938 when she left. We thought she went back to her parents in St. Helens but she could have gone to a sister in Swindon. Hence the southern accent. My mother, her sister-in-law, who used to babysit for them, really liked her and has wanted to know what happened to her and Edna for a long time now. My mother, who is now very elderly, would love to hear news of them both. I look forward to your reply. Many thanks, Heather.

John

John Report 21 Jan 2014 11:39

Heather, forgive years of not answering your input to my query ... that has been due to a stroke induced brain injury, which has taken many years to recover from. Anyhoo, time moves on .... I delved a bit more lately and found some strange occurrences. My aunt Jessie - her maiden name is stated, on official marriage records, as "Stockman or Cobb or Bartlett" - not a mention of Boardman anywhere. What initially threw me off the trail was wrong information and that my uncle Bill used to spell his surname differently to the rest of the family ...... Coincidentally my Jessie was born c1910 and did have a daughter in 1935, who sadly died in infancy ..... her second marriage was to a William Edmondson but not from Salford. She was born in a lovely part of the UK ... a small village in Dorset. Many regards, John.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 21 Jan 2014 11:45

Hello there John - glad you are now well enough to post

click on Heather's name to send her a message via GR - if she is still a member and has the same email address she will be notified

:-)

John

John Report 22 Jan 2014 12:15

Hi Ann,

Thanks for that, have done as you advised.

Happy and fruitful researching.

Kind regards, John :-)