Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find my birth family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 26 Jul 2008 10:47

hi all, i was adopted in 1980, my birth name is peter william bartles, now p w lee, born 12/2/69. my birth mother is susan joyce bartles, once of nottingham, now,i believe, edinburgh. i know i have siblings out there, names i know are diane bartles(1967) karen hill(devon) michelle topham(i have contact with) james topham(edinburgh) and there are others that i don't have the names of. if you know anymore,or know any of the above, or other relations, i would love to hear from you. i still live in notts.

James

James Report 6 Mar 2016 16:25

Hi Peter is James Topham from Edinburgh your brother just thought I'd take a chance looking on here and saw your post completely blew my mind my phone number is 07751 765543 if you could give me a ring and we'll have a chat and get to know each other better thank you

Dea

Dea Report 6 Mar 2016 16:37

Hi James,

I really hope you can get in touch with Peter but I would suggest that you remove your phone number as this is not a secure site and it will be all over the web in minutes !!!

There are many strange people out there who could take advantage and abuse it.

You can send it to Peter in a private message - just click on his name above and send a message which he will be notified of if he still has the same e-mail address.

It is also against the T & C of the site to display 'phone numbers and so if you leave it there there is a good chance that your post will be deleted by GR and he won't see it at all.

Best of luck,

Dea x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 6 Mar 2016 16:43

Chances are too James that Peter isn't a member now as he posted in 2008 so he won't see your reponse anyway

As Dea has posted, send him a message and hope his email hasn't changed so he will receive it