Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Barnes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 20 Jul 2005 11:06

I am currently trying to find any information regarding a grandparent named either Lionel Albert Myers Barnes sometimes known as Johnny Barnes. He was married to a Phyllis Maude Elizabeth Butson and they had 2 children Stephen born around 1946/1947Plymouth Devon and Cynthia 1949 also in Plymouth. This man died in a tractor accident in Wales in 1953/54. His father was named Albert Barnes although I believe he was raised by an aunt and uncle and possibly this is where the Myers name comes into play.

Daniel

Daniel Report 8 Jul 2013 03:25

Hi Alison, My name is Stephen Barns, trying to track my fathers details, came across your notice. Phyllis is my mother and Cynthia was my half sister. We are unsure is Lional Albert Myers Barnes is who married my mother, we think that it was John Lional Barnes from the Marriage records. I currently live in Australia and have done since 1974. Phyllis died in 2009 on the Gold Coast, Queensland Australia. Cynthia died in the early 1990's. Would be interested to hear is you found anything else out over the years.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Jul 2013 08:19

Alison is unlikely to see your post.

Click on her name to try to make contact

If her e-mail hasn't changed in 8 years, GR will notify her