Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Janice Larson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janice

Janice Report 27 Mar 2003 08:58

I am trying to trace relatives of my late grandfather, George Barker (born: Oct 1887 died 1934). He originated from Scarborough, served in the Royal Horse Artillery during World War I. Worked at Immingham Docks; married my late grandmother and they lived in Cleethorpes.They had 2 children, my father and my Aunt. My Grandfather also worked on Fishing Trawlers going out from Grimsby Docks with my late great Uncles, Alf, Tom and Jack. He had three sisters, Mariah (married Jack Watkins had two children, Doreen and Jack), Lilly and Mary. Another piece of information I have been given, is that my father's great grandfather(or great, great) was Bishop of Leeds, but we don't know whether it was maternal or paternal side of the family and I don't have his name. There was also a male cousin, Fred Barker, who came from Milford Haven, and was in the Navy/Merchant Navy during the war. If anyone has any information would they please contact me.