Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FLORENCE ELLEN BARKER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 3 Nov 2010 22:04

I am searching for Florence Ellen Barker born approx 1911 Hendon and lived and worked in London up until 1938 ish then disappears.She had a daughter and son who could have been adopted son born approx 1933 to 1938. Can anyone help

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 3 Nov 2010 22:17

Have you tried a search on this site to see if anyone else is looking for the family,
Good luck,
Liz

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 3 Nov 2010 22:21

I think this is the family in l9ll, thought you may like a copy - Liz

1911 census - household transcription
Person: BARKER, Florence Ellen
Address: 7 Hendon Park Row

BARKER, George Head Married
26 years M 46 1865 Painter House Taffson Walden VIEW
BARKER, Emma Agnes Wife Married F 45 1866 Hampstead VIEW
BARKER, Florence Ethel Daughter Single F 19 1892 Works At A Laundry Hampstead VIEW
BARKER, William Edwin Son Single M 17 1894 Works At A Greengrocers Hampstead VIEW
BARKER, Fredrick George Son Single M 15 1896 Works At A Coffee Shop Hampstead VIEW
BARKER, D E M Daughter F 12 1899 School Hampstead VIEW
BARKER, Florence Ellen Granddaughter F 0 (1 MONTH) 1911 Hendon
RG number:
RG14 Piece:
7124 Reference:
RG14PN7124 RG78PN349 RD130 SD3 ED23 SN154

Registration District:
Hendon Sub District:
Hendon Enumeration District:
23 Parish:
Hendon

Address:
7 Hendon Park Row County:
Middlesex

Heather

Heather Report 5 Nov 2010 21:01

thanks, yes I do think this is the family but am hitting a brick wall as she worked in Hendon and Caterham up until about 1938 and do not know her whereabouts after that. I know she had a son between these years but do not know his name or when he was born.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 25 Nov 2010 20:10

Copy of email from Heather - Liz

Thanks, I am not sure how to use thread. Emma Barker may be my great grandmother but the woman I am looking fo is Florence Ellen Barker the only thing I know is that she was 21 in 1932 and worked in Hendon at that time. Her home address was given as 63 Sutherland Street, pimlico, London in 1932, so I really need to find out who lived in that address but of course will have to wait another 20 years for the census. I have tried the boards to look for any links but am not getting anywhere. This lady may have married but there are so many marriages of Florence E Barker that I just dont know which one she would be as I dont even have a definite date of birth. I have found a family in Hendon with a Florence Ellen Barker born on 3rd March 1911 and think could be her but have no way of knowing for sure. This woman would be my grand mother but disappeared around 1933 and we have no knowledge of what happened after that date.

Thanks for your help. Heather

Heather - if you contact the library local to Pimlico, they should hold the Electoral Rolls for 1932, or be able to tell you where they are kept. Some places offer to do look ups, but may charge.
Regards, Liz

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Dec 2015 16:18

Hi heather i belive one of the kids that were adopted was my grandad john, he was adopted within the barker family, it would be great to hear from you

greyghost

greyghost Report 27 Dec 2015 16:32

Welcome to the boards Darryl (Unknown).

Heather posted 5 years ago and even if still a member may not be looking for replies now.

You could try clicking on her name so you can send a personal message to her. If she still has the same email address that she registered with Genes they will be able to let her know there is a message for her.

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Dec 2015 19:27

Just thought always worth a try but thank u