Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Bailey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lawrence

Lawrence Report 12 Dec 2006 22:16

Trying to find any information on a John Bailey 1790 born in Middlesex area. He was a Stone Mason had two children born in Middx area wife not known children were Sarah Bailey born 1817 and John Bailey born 1823. John Bailey 1790 then moved to Staffordhire where he married a Mary LEES in 1821 and had six chidlren from this marriage ... being a stone mason I presume he must of worked on buildings such as the old Alton Estates. The chidlren from this second marriage were :- Hannah Bailey 1828 Alton Staffs Thomas 1832 Alton Staffs Richard 1834 Alton Staffs Elizabeth 1836 Alton Staffs Susan 1838 Alton Staffs Alfred 1841 Alton Staffs Elizabeth married my Gr/Grandfather William Mosley who consequently died in childbirth. (Elizabeth that is) Susan then married Gr/Grandfather William Mosley Any information on the Bailey's from the Middlesex area especially John Bailey born 1790 would be most gratefully received. Trying to find John's first marriage etc etc.

Alan

Alan Report 30 Oct 2013 10:35

Hi
Just found this on Genes.
John Bailey was my great great uncle. His father Thomas was also a stone mason and it is believed he was brought from London to work on some stone bases for statues at Alton Towers.
John and his brother Peter also worked at Alton Towers and built the chapel there. I have been told that their names are carved on one of the stones. My 2x great grandfather William (Thomas's son was also a stone mason.
Hope this helps and feel free to contact me.
Regards
Alan Freeman

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Oct 2013 10:48

Lawrence has ZERO posts to his name, so may no longer be on GR's radar.

If you wish to try to contact him, click on his name, and send a message

Adding to such old posts is generally unproductive