Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Ashton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 2 Aug 2004 20:52

john richard ashton i would like to find information about my grandfather,if he had brothers or sisters or any info, at all. he was born in 1883 possible in birmingham he married and had two sons.my grandfather was james fredrick ashton and the eldest son was fredrick james ashton ( he was my father) and the other son was harold ashton. in the 1901 cenus my grandfather was a stoker in a factory, later he bought a green grocers shop on aston rd, north gosta green by the fire station his wife died about 1942 and he remarried awoman called blance, he was a regular drinker in the sack of potatos pub, he died at home of cancer in 1952

Peter

Peter Report 26 Oct 2016 14:43

Hi, just getting used to this site so forgive me if you've received other messages.
My nan was Blanche that married Jim and lived on Aston Road, I have a couple of photos etc,

Pete.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Oct 2016 14:48

Pete

John only posted twice and his posting is over 12 years old so its highly unlikely he is a member now
You could try to make contact by clicking on his name and sending him a message . if his email is still the same he will receive and can reply