Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tracey Arthur-Bagshaw

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 11 Jan 2003 20:49

ARTHUR john My Grandad was known as (Jonny) John Arthur, born in the late 1920's, however, he originally came from Scotland and I believe his family name was Mc Arthur or Mac Arthur. I was told he changed his name to Arthur when he moved to Yorkshire. He was a Catholic. He was in the Royal Navy and married Mildred Jepson, having 5 children: John (my father), (twins) Alan and Roy, Jane and Paul. They lived in Malby most of their adult live. My grandad worked down the pit most of his life and my grandma worked in the factories. In the late 1990's they both died and I am know trying to trace my family history for my own little boy. If anybody knows anything about my family history, I would love to hear from you. With Thanks, Tracie Arthur-Bagshaw