Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Armstrong

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ronald

Ronald Report 14 Nov 2006 21:44

My father a William Henry Armstrong born 11th june 1865 residing at Crosby Street Carlisle, sub district Saint Mary .His father John and mother Mary nee Barnes. The next finding of him and brother Edward living with head of household their mother now with the name of Mrs Mary Batchelor, no sign of any huband? also in the parish of Saint Mary in 1881. I do know the brother Edward went on to marry and had five children, the last being called Sarah. This lady i met when i was a child she was then named Barwise living in Bower Street Carlisle. Since 1881 until he married my mother in Liverpool, i can find no trace. I do know he married in that period but where, when and to whom, or indeed have a family i do not know? He married my Mother Mary Harper in Liverpool on December 21st 1924. They had three children Barbara, Lenard and me Ronald. Is there any one in Carlisle or out there who could shed any light to his elusiveness i would be eternally grateful. Ronnie Armstrong

Robert

Robert Report 3 Oct 2013 15:32

Ronald are you sure of your dates here has your father would have been in his latr 50's when he married your mother. Sarah married a John Barwise just out of interest to you

Rob

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Oct 2013 15:37

Rob

Have you noticed the date that Ronald posted ?

And he only ever posted once so its unlikely he is still a Genes member