Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Andrewartha

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Derrick

Derrick Report 24 Feb 2007 17:15

I am trying to find more information regarding John Andrewartha who is recorded on the UK 1841 census as being age 55, Copper Miner, in the parish of St. Hilary, Cornwall, and has a wife named Anna age 50 on the same census record. I believe that they are ancestors of my wife.

Twiglets

Twiglets Report 24 Nov 2007 11:26

Hi
The only Andrewartha, i have in my Family tree is Elizabeth, who married James Freethy who's a brother of my ancestor John Freethy.

David

David Report 24 Nov 2007 11:37

IGI has 3 records concerning a John Andrewartha c1785 +/- 5 years.

One a marriage to Anne Jones in1805 and the others:

JOHN ANDRAWARTHA Male Christening: 18 MAY 1788 Breage, Cornwall parents Richard and Rebecca.

JOHN ANDRAWARTHA Male Christening: 26 OCT 1783 Germoe, Cornwall parents Richard and Susanna.

St Hilary, (Cornish: Gorlynn), is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of Penwith. It is bounded on the north by the parish of St Erth, on the east by Breage and Germoe.

Dave

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 28 Sep 2015 00:23

I have a John Andrewartha bapt 10 May 1785 Phillack Cornwall on my Andrewartha tree.

Day Month10-May
Year1785
Parish Or Reg DistrictPhillack
ForenameJohn
SurnameANDREWARTHA
SexSon
Father ForenameRichard
Mother ForenameRebecca
Residence
Father Rank Profession
Notes
Transcriber Notes
Transcriber
John Smith

Wife:In 1841 Guilford, Cornwall
Ann Andrawarthe60 Labourer
Ama Andrawarthe Jr22 Labourer (should be Ann)
Mary Andrawarthe25 Labourer

Parents: Richard Andrewartha 1755 - 1822 b. Gwithian & Rececca Lobb 1756 - 1828
of Helston. Both died Angarrick Cornwall. m.29 Jun 1782.

I have taken this branch back another 7 generatiions.

I have joined up over 1,000 Andrewartha names and would be interested in adding more descendants to this line, as they currently stop with 5 children born in Gwinear, Cornwall between 1808 & 1821.

:-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 28 Sep 2015 00:33

Elizabeth ................

This thread is 8 years old, and it is very likely that none of the posters are still active on GR.

They certainly will not be told by GR that there is a new post on this thread as GR does not work that way.

If you want to get in touch with any of them, please click on their name, and then send them a message in the box provided.

This goes through the site messaging system, and GR will notify them that there is a message waiting.

As long as they still have the same email address as is on gile with GR, they will get the message and MAY respond to you.

To check whether anyone has seen any message sent, go to Messages at the top, click on Messages, then on Sent

If the envelope to the left of the name is green, it has not been opened

If no envelope is showing, then the message has been opened ..... you can only hope then that they wish to make contact.