Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find anderton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawnie

Dawnie Report 18 Nov 2004 20:15

trying to find burial of Joseph Anderton bapt 11/04/1828 St, Katherines, Blackrod.lived Hindley. Also trying to find birth and death of another Joseph Anderton married 1802 at St Peters church Bolton. May have been born Blackrod or bapt St.Catherine's husband of Margaret Guest. Vincent Leonard born 1911 Garswood any info and his mother Annie Anderton nee Lynn death possibly St. Helens from 1940 onwards. Trying to find any living relatives in St. Helens area.

Mark

Mark Report 8 Oct 2015 21:31

Hi Dawnie

I've noticed this post is very old but I think you may be looking into the same family tree line as me.

If you receive this message then please feel free to get in touch.

The Joseph Anderton you are referring to was also married to a Priscilla Worsley and I'm from that side of the family.

malyon

malyon Report 8 Oct 2015 21:46

Joseph Anderton
England Births and Christenings
Name Joseph Anderton
Gender Male
Christening Date 11 Apr 1828
Christening Place SAINT KATHERINE,BLACKROD,LANCASHIRE,ENGLAND
Mother's Name Alice Anderton

malyon

malyon Report 8 Oct 2015 21:52

Joseph Anderton
England and Wales Death Registration Index 1837-2007
Name Joseph Anderton
Event Type Death
Registration Quarter Apr-May-Jun
Registration Year 1862
Registration District Bolton
County Lancashire
Event Place Bolton, Lancashire, England
Volume 8C
Page 184
Line Number 22

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 8 Oct 2015 21:54

Welcome to the boards, Mark.

Dawnie isn't going to be looking for replies here now - in fact, may not be a member any more.

You can try sending her a private message - click on her name at the top of her message, and fill in the form.
If she still has the same email address with which she registered with GR, they will notify her that she has a message from you.

Good luck!

malyon

malyon Report 8 Oct 2015 21:55

Joseph Anderton
mentioned in the record of Joseph Anderton and Margaret Guest
Name Joseph Anderton
Spouse's Name Margaret Guest
Event Date 23 Aug 1802
Event Place Saint Peter,Bolton Le Moors,Lancashire,England