Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Anderson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AppleBlossem

AppleBlossem Report 25 Feb 2003 08:35

My Great Grandmother Alice Anderson, was one of 13 children (12 girls and 1 boy) born around the 1860's, in the Perch Rock fort, in New Brighton, which was then classified as in Cheshire. I only have the names of one of her sisters, Sarah, and the brother William. Their parents were, William Anderson, who was a soldier from Aberdeen, stationed at the fort, and his wife, Alice Page. They all lived in one room of the fort. I've found an Alice Mary Anderson on one of the link sites, christened in possibly the right area, in 1863, parents William Anderson and Mary Page. It's possibly the same one and the mother was Mary Alice, and known as Alice. Anyway, I'd love to hear from anyone decended from one of the other sisters, but as I don't know their names, I can't search for them. I'm hoping they passed on this family background as they did in my family.